Thinking of another way to cook salmon? Try making it into patties instead. You can put it in burgers or served it with baked potatoes and some fresh salad. My daughters like them topped with mayonnaise and roasted seaweed and eat it with steamed japanese rice and a vegetable soup. I came across this recipe while browsing through a cookbook by a Japanese author, Harumi Kurihara. However, this recipe has been improvised from the original one.
300g fresh salmon, minced
100g onion, diced
150g potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
100g minced pork
1 red chilli, seeded & cut finely
1 stalk of fresh coriander, cut finely
a little beaten egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp of light soya sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
salt & pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1) Heat some olive oil or butter and lightly fry the diced onions until fragrant. Leave to cool.
2) Put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, add the fried onions and mix well.
3) Prepare a plate with some cornflour for coating.
4) Shape the mixture into small patties and dust both sides evenly with cornflour.
5) Heat oil in a frying pan . Place the burgers in the pan and cook evenly on both sides.
6) Pan fried salmon patties. Top it with your favourite’s sauce, eg. mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, pesto, mustard, etc. with roasted seaweed, sesame seeds, roasted sliced almonds, salsa, etc