I like spaghetti aglio olio and I prefer it over those with tomato sauce. A traditional Italian pasta dish, it is a close cousin of our asian fried noodles and is an easy one to prepare.
This recipe serves 6 :
SPAGHETTI AGLIO OLIO
(A) 500gm spaghetti
(B) 300gm cherry tomatoes, halved and season with
– a little salt, pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic &, some dried mixed herbs & olive oil
(C) 1 piece of chicken breast, sliced and season with
– a little salt & pepper, 1/2 tsp cornflour & some dried mixed herbs
(D) 10 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
(E) Other ingredients / seasoning :
150ml to 200ml of good quality olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 red chilli, seeded & sliced or 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
A bunch of fresh basil or 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh salad vegetables for topping
1) Boil spaghetti in a pot of salted water until al dente or follow cooking instruction on packaging.
2) Grill the seasoned cherry tomatoes at 180°C for 30mins.
3) Heat olive oil in pan and fry the minced garlic until fragrant. Add seasoned chicken breast meat and stir fry until meat is almost done.