It’s 8.30pm. My eldest gal has gone to a wedding dinner and my younger one at home studying. So I busied myself with making more jackfruit jam and it suddenly striked me – why not put them into muffins too? A quick check into my refrigerator and kitchen cupboard and I was all ready to embark on my first attempt at Jackfruit Muffins.
This time round, I use the microwave to cook the jam so that left me free to prepare the muffins batter. Took less than 20mins to put them together and it’s baking in the oven now. Results out in 25 mins…..
Meantime, these are the ingredients I put together :
100gm unsalted butter
80gm fine sugar
100gm self-raising flour (sieved)
To mix together in a cup:
75ml fresh milk
130gm jackfruit jam
(E) 100gm fresh jackfruit (cut into small cubes)
(F) some jackfruit jam and almond slices for topping
1) Cream (A) until light & fluffy.
2) Add (B) one at a time, making sure it is well incorporated with the butter mixture before adding the next one. Beat until batter is light and fluffy.
3) Fold in (C), alternating with (D).
4) Lastly, add (E) and give it a quick stir.
5) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter and top with (F).
6) Bake in a preheated oven until it is nicely brown at 200°C for 22 mins.
Now, the result……
It’s MOIST, DELICIOUS and smells HEAVENLY, and that’s our supper tonight 🙂