Had some leftover rice from yesterday’s dinner so we decided to have something simple this evening – Beef and Kailan Fried Rice, easy to make and full of nutritional goodness.
BEEF & KAILAN FRIED RICE
Ingredients (portion for 3-4 people) :
3 cups cooked rice (I use mixed grains – white, brown & red rice combined)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, minced
4 pieces Chinese mushrooms, soaked & cut into cubes
1 small carrot, cubed
Several stalks of kailan, leaves & stem separated and cut into small pieces
100gm beef tenderloin, sliced or cubed & seasoned with salt & pepper
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
½ tablespoon beef stock granules
1) Heat olive oil in pan and fry minced garlic & shallots until fragrant.
2) Add in mushrooms and continue to stir-fry for 1 min.
3) Add in carrot & kailan stem. Stir-fry for 2 mins.
4) Add in beef and stir-fry until beef is slightly cooked.
5) Toss in kailan leaves and stir fry until vegetable is tender and beef is cooked.
6) Put in the rice and seasoning at the same time.
7) Stir-fry thoroughly to combine all the ingredients well.
8) Serve warm with some sliced tomatoes.