Scallops and prawns go well together and when paired with green vegetables, make an attractive dish to serve your guests.
STIR-FRY SCALLOP & PRAWN WITH XIAO BAI CAI
A bunch of baby xiao bai cai (or any baby greens)
– wash, boil in hot water for 3 mins and arrange nicely around a serving plate
12 large scallops
12 large prawns
½ tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese wine
dash of pepper
300ml chicken stock
1 teaspoon cornflour dissolved in 20ml water
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1) Heat oil. Fry minced garlic & ginger until fragrant.
2) Toss in scallops and prawns and stir-fry for a few mins until prawns turn pink.
3) Add light soya sauce, chinese wine and pepper and continue to stir-fry for 1 min.
4) Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5) Thicken with cornflour mixture. Adjust taste with some salt if necessary.
6) Transfer seafood mixture to the prepared serving dish decorated with greens.
7) Serve immediately.