We have several very ripe bananas so we decided to make banana muffins tonight for tomorrow’s breakfast. Not a bad idea as we haven’t had this for some time and the bananas need not go to waste. I love this particular banana muffin as it has a soft-as-silk texture and really aromatic. Even my eldest gal who doesn’t like bananas loves this muffin. You may also add some walnuts to the batter to give it a nice nutty crunch. Definitely a favourite with banana lovers !
P/S : To make a banana loaf, bake the batter in a tin and sprinkle some roasted walnuts on the top.
125gm unsalted butter
– put together in a cake mixer
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– beat together lightly
250gm self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– sift together
75ml fresh milk
2 teaspoon lime juice
– mix together and leave to stand for at least 10mins
250gm bananas, skin removed
¼ teaspoon of salt
– mashed bananas and mix well with salt
3) Fold in (C), alternating with (D) at low-speed until mixture is well combined.
4) Add in (E) and mix well (do not over-stir).
5) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
6) Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 mins or until done (test with a skewer).
7) ENJOY with a cup of your favourite morning beverage !!