Had some friends over for dinner tonight and this is one of the dishes that was served. Although this recipe uses very simple ingredients and is very easy to cook, it is always a winner with my guests. It is so good eaten just with steamed rice.
PRAWNS IN ONION & TOMATO SAUCE
(A) 600gm fresh large prawns, washed
– cut off the legs and feelers with a pair of scissors
– leave the head and shells on
– season with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt
(B) Blend together :
– 1 large onion
– 4 pieces garlic
– 2 red chillies, seeded (more if you like it spicy)
(C) 1 large tomato (blended)
(D) Seasoning for sauce :
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1/2 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
100ml hot water
1) Heat 3 tablespoon cooking oil in pan. Fry (B) until fragrant.
2) Add (A) and continue to stir-fry until prawns turn pink.
3) Add (C) and stir well. Cover pan and bring to a boil.
4) Add (D). Combine well and continue to stir fry until prawn is thoroughly cooked.
5) Serve warm with steamed rice.