I have just learnt to make these delicious bread rolls from my sister. Those that were made two days ago were finished in no time. This morning my eldest gal asked for it again. She is rather picky where bread texture and taste is concerned so this one obviously meets her standard.
SAUSAGE & CABBAGE BREAD ROLLS
Ingredients (makes 8)
140gm bread flour
1-1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons egg
140gm bread flour
2/3 teaspoon salt
30gm unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2/3 tablespoons (20gm) whole-grain mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) In a large bowl, place instant yeast, sugar and egg on top of bread flour in separate corners.
4) Turn the dough onto a clean tabletop and knead dough, alternating between pulling and kneading for about 8-10 mins until the dough is elastic. Finally, knead the dough into a mould and return it to the bowl.
5) Cover with cling wrap and leave in a warm place for 30mins until double in size.
6) Meantime, scald the cabbage in boiling water. Remove and squeeze out excess water. Slice into stripes and mix well with mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
7) Boil the sausages in hot water for 3 mins. Remove and drain well. Set aside.
8) Check dough. When it is ready, punch the dough down a few times, remove from bowl and knead into a ball. Weigh and divide into 8 equal portions. Mould each piece into a ball and leave to rest under a cling wrap and a damp towel for 15 mins.
13) Place the bread roll on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Cover the bread with cling wrap and leave to rest for 25 mins in a warm place.
15) When done, remove to a cooling rack.
New International Version (NIV)
“….. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”