I used a Korean BBQ sauce to marinate the chicken thighs and it turned out surprisingly tender, tasty and delicious. The marinate caramelized the pineapple rings nicely when grilled and complemented the meat really well. The dish received a thumb-up from everyone so here’s the recipe…
(Apologies for the lack of pictures here. Will post the step-by-step pictorial when I make this the next time!)
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH GLAZED PINEAPPLES
4 chicken thighs
– cut thighs into halves
– marinate for 3 hours or overnight with :
3 tablespoon Korean BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon sake (Japanese rice wine)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
8 slices pineapple rings (from canned pineapples, drain syrup and set aside)
1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds for garnishing
1) Drain and reserve the marinate from the chicken thighs.
2) Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a non-stick grill pan. Grilled chicken pieces over low heat until both sides are nicely brown and thoroughly cooked (about 20 – 25 minutes). Remove and set aside.
3) Drain oil from grill pan. Place pineapple rings on the pan and drizzle some marinate over them. Grill both sides until nicely glazed and golden brown.
4) Transfer to a serving dish and place the grilled chicken on top of the pineapple rings.
5) Boil the remaining marinate and drizzle over the grilled chicken. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve warm.