If you want something healthy and delicious and at the same time quick and easy to prepare, this is it! Best of all – no greasy kitchen!
The portion of the parcel is really up to you. I made them small as we had other food to go along with it. So if it’s for a main course, you will have to increase the portion accordingly. It goes really well with hot steamed calrose rice and if you’ve time, make a clear broth like Toufu Soup to round up the entire meal. Yummy !!
(makes 8 small servings)
600gm salmon fillet, skinned & sliced into 8 pcs
2 tablespoon sake
1 tablespoon shoyu or light soya sauce
200gm shimeji mushrooms
8 fresh shitake mushrooms
1 carrot, sliced
2 spring onions, cut into 2” length
100gm snow peas
100gm asparagus, cut into 2” length
200ml chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 190°C.
2) Marinate salmon slices in sake and shoyu (or light soya sauce) for about 15 mins. Drain and add the reserved marinate to the chicken stock. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Wash and clean mushrooms. Make a ‘X’ slit on the cap of shitake mushrooms.
4) Slice carrots thinly and cut with a flower shaped cutter to create pretty ‘flowers’.
5) Cut 8 sheets of foil, each about 30cm x 20cm in size. Divide and arrange the ingredients equally in the centre of each foil and sprinkle the chicken stock with the marinate over the ingredients. Fold the two longer sides of the foil together, then fold the shorter sides to seal. Repeat with the rest of the parcels.
7) Serve hot with steamed rice. Drizzle with a little extra shoyu or soya sauce if required.