This palm sugar (gula melaka) cake is awesome. My sister was the one who found it online at mymindpatch.blogspot.sg. Almost everyone whom I have shared the cake with asked for the recipe. With just few simple steps, it is so easy to make and it tastes really good!
STEAMED GULA MELAKA CAKE
300gm gula melaka (I reduce to 280gm)
200gm fresh milk
6 large eggs
(C) – Sift together
300gm self raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
160ml corn oil (I use soyabean oil; may also use sunflower oil)
– 1×10″ round cake pan (line bottom with parchment), or
– 1 x 9″ square cake pan (line bottom with parchment), or
– 13×3″ muffin cups
2) Bring water in a steamer to boil.
6) Pour batter into a large round or square pan (or fill muffin cups 2/3 full). 7) For large pan, steam for 40mins until done. For muffin cups, steam for 20 mins until done). Do not open the cover while cake is steaming.
8) Enjoy with your favourite cup of beverage 😀